Monday, October 5, 2009

My favorite wheat free/ gluten free products

When I started trying different types of wheat free/ gluten free pasta I tried some rice pasta but didn't like the taste, but then I tried Quinoa pasta which is made from corn and quinoa and I absolutely loved it. It didn't have a bad after taste and there wasn't a notable difference from regular pasta. They have spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, elbow,and a few types of noodles. I was wanting to make lasagna for my husband and was wanting to use Qunioa noodles but I couldn't the lasagna noodles. I was hesitant to try the rice noodles, but decided to go ahead and I tried a different brand of rice pasta called Tinkyada. I was pleasantly surprised there wasn't a spicy after taste to the noodles. I also really enjoy The Gluten Free Pantry mixes for brownies and cakes. Bob's RedMill offers a variety of wheat/ gluten free flours that are staples when cooking and baking.

What are your favorite wheat/ gluten free brands?

No comments:

Post a Comment