Monday, November 23, 2009

Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread

Ingredients
1 stick softened butter
2 c rice flour
2 eggs
2 tbsp baking powder- G.F.
1 tsp vanilla- G.F.
1 c sugar
3 lg bananas
1 c chocolate chips

Directions
Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and bananas. In another bowl- mix flour and b. powder together. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Add in choc. chips. Spoon into 5x9 loaf pan. Bake @ 325 for 1 hr and 20 min. or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.


I found this recipe on the Celiac Sprue website but adjusted slightly. It called for finely chopped pecans, but I added the choc. chips instead. It turned out wonderful. The sides and bottom of got burnt mostly due to my oven, but the rest of it was amazing. I couldn't tell the difference from the ones I used to make with wheat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment